Katamari Damacy

This reminds me, in a way, of Tetris. Meaning, its really addicting. The soundtrack is nice and the game play is straight forward.

Main objective: Roll a katamari ball to get it as big as you can within the allotted time.

My first introduction to the game was through a demo disc. Despite the game being a demo, its pretty intense. Of the demo, my favorite part was rolling up flowers.

I was thinking of getting the full version, but changed my mind because I have a feeling I'm going to be glued to the television for long long hours of the day.

UPDATE: Demo Overview

Katamari Damacy game stage featuring a giant katamari ball rolling through a park.
The green guy here is the King's son, the Prince.
Back in 2006 or 2007, I started playing the demo disc I got in the mail from PlayStation Underground back in 2005. I didn't have a PS2 at the time so I gave it to my brother who actually had one. During the years mentioned prior, I was able to get my own PS2.

Anyway, there were loads of game demos and game trailers for up coming titles for the PS2 and PSP. One of the demos present was We Heart Katamari. The intro song pretty much falls into the category of catchy and won't leave your memory any time soon.

After the intro, we are given an overview of how the game works. You are given a tiny ball upon which you're to collect as many objects as possible to increase it's size. The first location is a school; though you start off in a classroom.

There has been one instance during the demo where I was able to roll a large enough Katamari to take down the whole school and depending on the character you choose, you will be complimented accordingly. Ichigo gets the best as she was the smallest of the two available characters. The second character you could choose was the King's son; the King is the one sending you out to roll these things.

Any who location two, my favorite of the two, is this area filled with flowers. It wasn't just the scenery but the music that played in the background. While the area was gorgeous, it was also challenging as you had to quickly find little things to get the ball rolling.

Once the ball gets a little bigger than your chosen character, the task quickly becomes a breeze. From what I can remember, the largest I ever got the flower Katamari was large enough to start collecting the bushes the flowers were on along with the gnomes that were running around avoiding me.

Comments

Popular Posts