Get1000 (NG)

While checking in to view progress of a then current contest, I decided to take a break and browse some of NGs games. I'm big on puzzles since they have an interesting way of relaxing me, so a search was launched to discover some puzzle games. There were some blocks and maze games that were okay but there was this game called Get1000 that caught my attention.

Math Skills Refreshed

My knowledge of math is mediocre at best but an attempt will be made to learn some new skills to complete mind boggling task. In this case, addition and multiplication play a key role in maintaining one's sanity. Yes it's similar to other titles with the same premise but some have stated that it's an interesting take on a classic.

My game session in Get1000 Newgrounds
600 was the highest at time of capture in Classic Mode.
After some trial and miscalculations the gist of how the game works finally sunk in. Classic mode is still a favorite as it is pretty straight forward. That said, the challenge modes are still worth a play through as much planning and strategizing are needed to meet the designated end goal.

To date I've managed to earn two medals. Not much of an accomplishment compared to the masters but it's something. The numbers can be made but there are always moments when a particular number set is needed but they are nowhere to be found OR are very out of reach due to limited moves available.

I did, rather recently, manage to get to 800. It was a shock in itself but there were some better planned moves. Of course the move limitation was my ultimate downfall.

It's an intriguing brain exercise but also a refreshing stress reliever. This hasn't been played extensively enough but the overall impression is that it's worth replaying.

Comments

Popular Posts