2nd Year Anniversary: Hero Wars

Titans and heroes in guild dungeon
In Guild Dungeon with Classic Geisha Keira.

Either through Island Experiment or through Fashland, I was introduced to Hero Wars for the first time in December 2017. Wasn't sure what to think of the game at the time as it was a far cry from the games that were played up to that point. Rather than having a single character to focus on, you had several of which to divide your attention.

It took some getting used to but after a few sessions, things started to fall in place. There were some memorable milestones and many lessons learned along the way. Here's a little recap of my experiences.

December 2017 - 2018

Slow going at first but highly engaging once you get into the swing of things. Still pretty much a newb of sorts and was selling things without thinking till later when it came time to use the items. A nifty lesson learned in addition to learning the importance of saving hero soul stones as they will make things a lot easier later down the road.

Have been through two guilds and managed to stay in the third; wasn't too bad as later I was promoted to Lead. Come October 2018, I managed to get one of my heroes to Absolute star status. Later in the year, I also managed to max out their GoE and Artifacts; which made a lot of difference as observed in battles.

December 2018 - 2019 (Present)

I've managed to get more heroes to Absolute star status and am close to getting to getting an Absolute Titan; just need a few more titan stones. In addition to this, a gaming session was started on the web version of the game and the same accomplishments apply; mainly for the heroes.

Lessons Learned

When gameplay first commenced, I hadn't the slightest clue as to where to start. Not only this, but it was a huge learning curve as I was fresh from single character build games of the likes of Wartune and Nidia. One of the top lessons learned (rather late) was to hold on to all hero soul stones.

Yeah, they were worth their weight in gold, but it made things a bit complex when you realize they actually boosted your heroes stats. Another lesson was build rushing rather than taking my time. While rushing, some key things were overlooked in addition to my gold reserves depleting unnervingly fast.

The key to playing a successful game and building sound heroes/titans/pets, is to pace yourself accordingly. Of course it's easier said than done especially with all those cool events that surface encouraging a certain level or tier character in order to gain access to certain features. My FB account is still the highest but my web account has heroes that reached Absolute status in half the time it took to bring my main to level.

A recent accomplishment as of yesterday - December 13, 2019 - I managed to get one of my titans to Absolute status. Yay me. There are two more titans to go for Absolute and after them I will work on my other titans.

Winding Down

I'm doing a recap next week followed by a look ahead the week after that. So stay tuned for more gaming fun.

Comments

Popular Posts