Hero Wars Progress Report

November 2017 is when Hero Wars came onto my radar. From that time onward, I've made many grave mistakes; some of which I'm still trying to recover from. Despite learning new things from new accounts, an idle mistake is always lurking around the corner.

Team Building

Hero Wars Heroes
Top 8 Heroes on Main Account.
As noted in a past post, I did not approach team building properly. When I finally hit my stride, the mistakes were fixable. Accounts one thru three have different milestones and with each one, the milestones were reached earlier than the previous.

There was mention of focusing on your main team before moving forward with others to help with resources. Account two and three have benefited from this as there's plenty of resources to go around. The only account that didn't follow this model was the first one, because I wasn't focused on the right things back then.

That said, my main account is still the go to as I'm at the max level there. Clearing Tower isn't a chore and my focus isn't on limiting EXP collecting.

The Wrench in the Gears

Despite my main account being at maxed level with a heavy duty main team, my hero collection is less than stellar. Sure I have some random heroes that are slightly built up, but their progress should be further along than they are currently. As noted in my slideshow video many years ago, Galahad, my main tank, should've been Absolute status at that time had I not kept selling off his soul stones.

Why does this matter? Well, over the past several days a new feature debuted in the game called City of Asgard. It's so new and shiny and needing a lot of heroes.

Your first taste of this comes from the minion battles. Fights with a single wave of enemies is no problem. However, multiple waves will make you a nervous wreck if you don't have more than five heroes built-up.

From observation, my main account fared better during the mini fights when compared to the other two. It became even more telling with the boss fight. Based on the boss fight results, my main has three passable teams that can hold their own.

That said, their damage output is nothing to write home about. Compare this with the one from each of my other two accounts.

The Actual Building Results

The results are meh at best. My main account has nine Level 130 heroes while the rest are 120 and below. Well, there's one 120 while the rest are under 101.

For the ones that are max level one is Violet +3, five are Orange, two are Orange +1 and one is Orange +3. Of the nine, only one has the majority of their skins maxed; Champion skin is the only one not unlocked as it requires Silver guild war trophies.

Outside of the top nine, there are six other heroes that have a decent build. While my secondary and tertiary accounts only have five well built heroes, there's still room for expansion.

The (New) Experiment Account

You may recall the experiment with account three where I was testing to see how far I could get without spending. Normally that would've been the last of experiments especially when it comes to the tutorials that you can't skip. I got curious about totem summoning but rather than take the same approach that I did with the previous three accounts, something different was done.

With this account, I purchased VIP 1 as soon as I was able to. That was the only purchase made and from here I wanted to see how long it would take to earn 4,500 Emeralds; the amount needed for a guaranteed totem. Since it was a new account, it meant that I could earn extra Emeralds from completing quests.

Those quests alone have helped me rack up in addition to the daily check-ins. Most of the Emerald earning tasks were completed during special events that rewarded stuff I needed. Come October and the 4500 was spent which helped with Spooky Festival quests.

Unfortunately, I splurged too much and had to start the saving process over again. On the bright side, I'm still completing tower.

The Heroes? Any Titans? Pets?

The heroes on my third account were specific when I chose to level them. With this account, nothing much is taking place. I have a team assembled, but only three are getting attention.

It sounds like they're being neglected, but I'm not fully tending to the account so I'm keeping focus on the main three while the other two stay nearby. No one else has been touched.

The titans are at a snails pace. I wanted to work on an Earth Titan team this time so I didn't collect any other titan soul stones. After the 4500 was spent, I got an Earth Totem.

As for pets, I have all unlocked, but only two at the blue level. Other than that, it's pretty much a stand still.

In Closing

To recap, a new game mode was introduced, I'm not progressing as I should and I created a fourth account to test stuff. Other than that, it's still an interesting gaming experience.

Comments

Popular Posts