Back From Break...

 ...sort of.

It wasn't a typical break as I was logging in somewhat daily. That said, I wasn't playing as hard as usual and just went about things in a slow and leisure manner. Tasks and events were tackled, but I didn't get worked up like usual if an event got missed.

I fell behind quite a bit with posting like usual, which was once a month a best. Haven't kept complete track but have a general idea of what took place when. So this is just a summary of sorts for things that took place from January 1, 2024 to May 26, 2024.

January to March 2024

During this time frame, I managed to complete some events and a few tasks during the monthly seasons. I've continued to use Polaris in my Osh lineup for my Facebook (FB) account and the results are the same each week. Things were a blur, but there were some highlights during each month.

January

Galahad and Aurora received updates during a special event where they also got Ascension skills. Like Thea, their main appearance got a makeover. As a little bonus, if you can call it one, they also got a new skin that mirrors their new look.

February

Despite looking forward to Lunar Skins every year, mainly the artwork, this would be the first that I was actually eager to unlock one (using skin stones). Of the three heroes that received the new skins, Lian was the only one I got the skin for. After this came the Romantic Skins for which I unlocked a skin for Ziri.

A major highlight for the month came when they added some long awaited new heroes to the hero soul stone chest (minus Polaris). In addition to this, Polaris was added to the Soul Atrium and Vex was added to Pet Summoning along with the Pet chests.

March

Getting Polaris' new Spring Skin was a nice addition for me. Then there's the birthday event which is always going to be a highlight for me as it's a chance to get some extra resources. For me, obtaining resources was one of two things I was looking forward to seeing. The second being the design of the multi-tier cake.

April 2024

Pet Season was a minor highlight for me, because some of the rewards for reaching level milestones weren't geared toward upgrading pets. That said, a major highlight that took place during this event was summoning an absolute star Albus on my FB account using pet eggs. Cosmic Battles and Titan Brawls aren't my favorite events, but at least I'm able to earn currencies for the accompanying shops.

May 1 - 26, 2024

Level 130, Orange Rank Lara Croft, new hero for Hero Wars Dominion via collab with Crystal Dynamics group of companies.
L130 Lara Croft at Orange Rank.
A familiar face made an appearance in Dominion: Lara Croft. Seeing a childhood favorite added to the game via a collab was nice to see. The accompanying event told a compelling story featuring her and some of the in-game heroes traveling with her.

A major change that I liked, is that you didn't have to wait till the next day to engage with new opponents. Even though this change took place some events ago, it was still nice to see. This time around, I held off on spending coins as I wanted to see how high a star level I could get her.

Needless to say, she got as far as 4-stars. I was concerned at first, until I saw that there was a second part to the event. So I continued on and soon discovered that there was a second season-like event, dedicated to the new hero, where I was earning experience for unknowingly - wasn't paying that close of attention at this point.

I played around and started to save as much as I could for the upcoming 2nd part. After a while, I started fighting the free boss (didn't cost event currency). Despite making progress, my brain started to break more and more with each individual round.

This was not my first boss match of this type. There were countless others prior where I was able to create a series of teams, fight and win consecutively with little to no buffs. All that went out the window with this event.

All sense of time was lost, and I just gave up and continued on with the other tasks. Along comes part two and things came into focus almost immediately. Despite getting her soul stones early on, you weren't going to obtain them the same as new heroes prior to this.

There was a chance to get her dolls which, from past experiences, is a nice way for obtaining hero soul stones. Unfortunately, you had a small chance at earning them as you had to hopefully find them on the first try via the Forgotten Treasury mode. Even with all of that saving, I only netted 9-dolls and some random resources.

Remember that 'came into focus' bit 2-paragraphs back? Well, the realization hit harder than I was expecting and I've been in-game since before the first season event was introduced. Just about everyone had a chance to get the new hero to 4-stars using the event coins.

After that, you were directed elsewhere for obtaining more. At first, thoughts were on the dolls until I looked at the progress bar for the new hero's dedicated season-like event. You were guaranteed 30 soul stones in the free path; however, if you purchased the golden ticket you got an additional 120.

That's 150 which was enough to get Lara to 5-stars. That meant you were 300 short of evolving her to absolute star. After mathing this, I took a break and got some coffee.

When I came back to the game, I shifted my focus to obtaining lesser hero soul stone chests. What wasn't spent on chests was spent on enchantment runes.

May 27, 2024

Ascension to Asgard event started today, and for the first time since this event began I finished all tasks in the Star Resistance tab. This is one of three tabs that have eternal seeds as a reward once you get past a certain point. After the minion fights, I'll be done with the event as the other tasks are out of reach.

May 31, 2024 and Closing Thoughts

Winter Brawl started. I can take or leave brawls at this point. With that said, this one is interesting as it gives players a chance to obtain Winter Skins for the heroes Rufus, Dante and Chabba. I'm still deciding what to get from the shop if anything; but it will vary for both of my accounts.

Still going to do my best to participate in the brawls consistently, but not getting my hopes up too much. May was an interesting month, to say the least, but it was memorable - both good and not so good. Shockingly enough, I'm actually looking forward to June.

Comments

Popular Posts