Fashland: The Return

Fashland Shop Decorate Mode
My shop via Decorate Mode.

Returned to the game October 22 (fully). It’s Day 2 and I’ve managed to get 80% in positive votes and 4-Tiaras in the Fash Cup. Not too shabby.

Fash Cup Finds

The best way to see what’s new in game is to go through the Fash Cup. By this, I’m talking about the voting; this is the best way to see past releases up to present. A key observation: not much has changed.

Top 10 finishers are the same combo of outfit items, and appearance specialties. What’s an appearance specialty you ask? It’s a series of features that allow you to change skin, eye and hair color to enhance a specific look.

Cosplay, Sci-fi and Fantasy are top themes for these modifications; however, they’re not restricted to these themes. As noted in a past post, if something works that grants lots of popularity votes then it will be utilized ad nauseam regardless of relevance. Don’t get me wrong, the themes are adhered to, but it still feels like the same combos win for every theme.

As far as new fashions are concerned, the vast majority are from the 2-week missions and the mini games. The only new additions that showed up under the new tab were there when I signed on last.

Fash Cup Cosplay Outfit
Cosplay Theme FC - my outfit

Ups and Downs

The upside was seeing my neighbors list intact. This is saying a lot especially with posts asking for new and active neighbors on the Fan Page. Counting Mila (NPC - Non Playable Character), I have four or so active neighbors; the rest are seasonal players.

Another positive was that I didn’t have to throw anything away as my neighbors had renewed my items for me. This meant I could jump in, play and catch up. Collecting four tiara points with 80% popularity was an added bonus in itself.

The main downer here is missing all those limited fashions featured in the missions and mini-games. As an added downer, which was a downer when played last, is the inability to earn diamonds outside of the Top 10 spots of Fash Cup. There was a secondary method but that looks to have been discontinued some time ago and was replaced by a gift card option.

Events At Current

“Spooktober” is the theme as nicknamed by me. My main focus will be the mini-game’s outfit as the main missions call for a lot of asking friends for things and the time table between asking is fairly long. That and I stand a better chance at getting something from the mini-game.

It’s going to be business as usual, but with focus on completing my Check Lists. In addition to the Check Lists, I have to re-learn some things as it has been a while.

Comments

Popular Posts