Rewind/Fastforward

A grand total of 15 posts were made back in 2019 and a good portion were dedicated to Hero Wars and revisits. I'm still playing FarmVille Tropic Escape and Fashland along with the aforementioned HW. Playing new games hasn't been at the forefront in quite some time; even more so since the loss of my dedicated gaming laptop. The upside is the fact that I can still play my top three games without issue.

Well except for Tropic Escape but that's not on my end. Let's take a look at some of the repeats shall we?

Fashion Games

Mall World Game avatar dressed as rock star
Mall World Avie in Rock Gear.

Fashland is the main but have taken to City Girl Life again. Though some interesting additions were made to the fashion collections, the main way to get new fashion items is through the seasonal quests and the mini games. The seasonal quests are hit or miss at times especially with the overly social factor.

By overly social, I'm talking about the need to have active neighbors to request items from. If it were just visiting their shops fine but at the moment, it's a major obstacle. The same can go for City Girl Life with their major missions and career progression.

Despite some negatives, CGL has made some strides in the right the direction for garnering player participation in the community. There were several community events that rewarded gold to the top finishers of theme specific challenges. There were even gold rewards to make up for down time plus a holiday gift of gold to all players.

Though some may think it strange, the gold was utilized to fill job slots in my current career: Artist. I'm on the last part and that's the only thing keeping me from completing it; which is why it would be very much appreciated if there were an auto fill option so we're not waiting for positions to get filled. Currently, the game is played every other day if not once a week.

Tropic Escape

Farmville Tropic Escape Personal Island
Current layout of island.

That's FarmVille Tropic Escape. It's a fun farming sim that's been part of my gaming routine since the original FarmVille. Come to think of it, I've played FarmVille and FarmVille 2. FarmVille was starting to get slow and FarmVille 2 added some things that just weren't needed.

Tropic Escape is a breath of fresh air as there's a little bit of everything with farming included. At present, my level is 31 but 32 is likely in the next few days. I have nine trees total, 38 plots, fifteen craft stations, five landmark attractions, waterfalls, stage event, habitats and five animal collection areas; by animal collection areas I'm talking boar, chicken, lobster, seal and dolphin.

During last check-in, progress was at a stand still but have managed to make the Diamond League for the Top Resort Tournament. The International Resort Council contest is underway at the moment and I'm trying my best to stay in the green.

Hero Wars

Hero Wars Blue +2 Lian with partially equipped equipment at Level 76
Lian via Web. My Web Lian is more built up than FB.

My second anniversary has come, gone and been a blast. Last check-in was a discussion about the aforementioned anniversary and the then up coming Winter 2019 event. Everyone looks forward to the Halloween and Winter events because of the rewards.

This...last years event was a bit different as for the first time we had a Wish List event where we submitted our top 3 most wanted in-game items and then we wait to receive one of them at random. I got 10K emeralds on my web account and Pet Soul Stone chests for Facebook; again these were one of the three that were on the list. A lot of players were asking for Cleaver and there seemed to be a Cleaver storm of sorts on my FB server where post after post was filled with [Player Name] has just got a Cleaver.

While the Winter Event was enjoyable, this year seemed a little different as there were lots of posts from players about guild members not participating. What's more, Winter Fest coins were slow coming; while there were ample tasks for earning them, they couldn't be earned fast enough. That said, I was able to upgrade some Titans and Pets in addition to obtaining the new hero Sebastian for both accounts.

Speaking of heroes, Andvari's star level was finally maxed out on web and Lian will be next. At the moment there's a Lian soul stone event taking place so this should help me progress along. On another note, the 3rd Annual Golden Galahad Awards has kicked off and the deadline for submitting entries is on February 2nd.

My first and only participation in the GGA was during the 2nd year of it's running. It was fun but I was literally pushing it as I was also working on an animation collab at the same time for an art community I participate in. Not sure if I'm going to participate in this year's one as I have a different laptop from last time and the video editing program isn't as user friendly as the previous one.

Things To Look Forward To

Just posts in general at the moment but hope to encounter a gem here or there sooner or later for discussion. Still looking forward to the Mad World MMO release and hope to discover some extra games to play during down time. Also trying to get back to work on this side project thing that I've been putting off for what seems like a year now.

Posting schedule for this year will remain the same; one post a week on Saturdays. This is year four of me actually making a post in January; 2015 doesn't count as those were transfers. Lots of plans for this year and hope the momentum stays in step.

Comments

Popular Posts