September 2022 Report

September was a roller coaster of a month. From the 1st to the 30th, we had non-stop events on the calendar. I had to write down all the events to make sure I was seeing things straight.

We had 11-Days worth of 1-Day events, four of which were double events. After these events we got the quarterly-ish pet event which was followed by a new hero event. After the new hero event we got a calm event (Time of the Fearless) and after the calm event we got the Autumn Festival.

And guess what came after the Autumn Festival? A titan event for a new titan.

Hero Wars September 2022 Calendar of Events
September Calendar of HW Events
(sorry for the quality)

The September Calendar

I remember visiting my revived web accounts and encountering a lot of goodies in my inventory. One of those goodies were these special demon dolls that rewarded special goodies depending on where the dolls were earned. At the time, I was thinking how great it would be to get another chance to earn these types of dolls again.

Denial is a strange thing that tends to surface with its blanket of false security. As excited as I was for their return, namely on my Facebook account, I didn't anticipate the full house that awaited. My goal for these events is to make the most of everything.

I was excited about the doll events, but the rest of the month's events were unknown. As soon as the event information got posted... Well, I just took it for what it was.

1-Day Events

Of the 7-day special demon dolls events, the Tower and Artifact Chest days were favorites. Of the others, the Town Chest day was my least favorite. The Spend Energy day was a double dip as it fell on the final day of Champion's Season 2's spend energy quest.

Of the double one-day events, Foundations of Power and Riotous Growth saw the most action from me. My focus was to get as many Mandrake Jars as possible without going over my self-imposed target limit for the event.

3-Day Plus Events

The Great Storm came first followed by the 7-Day Fafnir event. I earned enough resources to summon him on my three accounts. After that, focus fell squarely on my FB account as I had more wiggle room there.

Fafnir is a good hero; however, I don't have the heroes that work well with him leveled up. After the Fafnir event was Time of the Fearless which I welcomed warmly. A day after this event ended came Autumn Festival.

This would be the first year since the time I started playing that I didn't participate in the festival. It's one of my favorites due to the ability to obtain much needed resources. I held back on this event because the new titan was due to launch at the end of the month.

Observations of the Month

City of Asgard

A lot of changes took place during the month and one of them was my approach to the game. I was having gold problems, which was weird in itself, on my main account. One of the things that I stopped doing was purchasing Guild Raid buffs - the ones that cost gold.

It was done as an experiment to see if it made any difference, and boy did it ever. I was able to get back to pre-GR levels in no time. In addition to this, it didn't really disrupt my damage output for the boss. That said, I'm at a standstill.

I can't do ascension as I can't get enough of the crystals I need for leveling stats. I can't do anything with the tree as I don't have the needed eternal seeds to get to the next level. At the moment, I'm just visiting the Astral Seer and completing fights.

Upgrading Heroes

I'm upgrading stats for my heroes little-by-little. FB is far along but I've applied breaks on stat building for the time being. My experiment with team building is still taking place on both my web accounts.

As stated in the previous post, I didn't want to start from scratch for the team build experiments. That said, I did notice something rather interesting that I didn't take note of before. When you don't power level or rush level your heroes, some of their skills are more effective.

I don't have definitive details but based it on my hero Thea of whom is part of my main web team on account two. I have her built up on FB but some of the skills leave much to be desired; like her group healing ability. On my FB account everyone gets healed a little bit, while on my web account everyone gets healed a lot.

Don't know if it's significant or not but that's what I noted. To complicate matters further, leveling stats is very much a balancing act that is difficult for me to follow. This is the first game I've played where high power doesn't equal guaranteed win.

The Titans

There's not much focus outside of my main FB account. I have all titans at absolute star except Eden. Come September 30th and we're introduced to a new titan called Keros, a dark element titan. He got his own 3-day event which rewarded his soul stones and dolls.

Got him to 3-stars on day one; y a y. Wait, there's more. His buddy Mort will be joining him on October 7th with their own 3-day event which will reward similar titan themed items. I'm still a bit behind with my titan building but will likely evo Mort to the same level as Keros.

Plans Moving Forward

There are no definitive plans outside of maintaining my current teams. Spooky Festival is somewhere around the corner and I'm looking forward to seeing who get new skins. There's also a lot of things I haven't touched that needs attention.

I'm still working on my experiment teams and I'm playing around with stat building to see what does what for who. Focus isn't going to be on ascension nor the tree for quite some time. That said, I did change up my main team (Aurora, Galahad, Maya, Nebula, Cornelius) for the Osh fights. 

I switched out Cornelius for Artemis during Fight 3 of the month as a test. It worked out so I repeated the team for Fight 4 and got the same good results. This is the team for now for this lineup, while the other two top teams haven't been touched as they're still producing high numbers.

< Prev   Next >

Comments

Popular Posts