Hero Wars Notes

Based on previous posts, you're aware of the Hero Wars game being playable via mobile app and Facebook. Though the two boast similar content, they aren't synced in any way. Some time in February I was introduced to Hero-Wars dot com.

Pretty much the same game as the other two with some slight differences. I was curious to see what this version was about so after the live stream that was hosted back in February, the web version was explored. Major and welcome change: Emperor's Decree was much easier to complete.

The competitiveness of being guilds was already high so I opted to create one of my own - which wouldn't have been possible if not for that major emerald gift that was given out during the live stream. It's a starter guild for newcomers and those looking to recoup. At the time of writing, my team level was 38 and I had 17 heroes.

Come What Heroes May

Hero Wars Level 40 heroes
L40 heroes
These are the heroes in my arsenal and unlike my FB arsenal, all heroes are on the same level. As you can see I'm going through each character to get them to max gear equip for their current level. Their skills, Glyphs, GoE and Artifacts are being worked on as well.

Skins and star level are slow going but they're being worked on. This time around I stuck it out and participated in the Arachne soul stone task to get as many soul stones as I possibly could for the character. A key observation that was noted during this session was that of the heroes Arachne would or should be one of the first to reach absolute star status, if not 5, seeing as how her stones were guaranteed each round rather than just randomly dropping.

Despite the difference in approach the same issue remains: gold needs. By this I mean gold is difficult to earn in large sums. Yes there's the spin wheel but that calls for emeralds which you may want to allocate elsewhere for other much needed material.

Usually when there are complaints in regards to lack of gold, many are directed to the Tower which becomes available at Level 40. Granted, Tower does yield some nice gold rewards but you have to pick the chest that houses the gold in order to increase your coffers. There's an added gift that comes in the mail for Tower participation on top of the daily task check off of doing a tower run.

I've been doing my due diligence in keeping everyone on the same level. Doing this will, hopefully, keep me from scrambling to try to build up characters that are needed for specific tasks; like Outlands. Still going down the line building up skills and was building up Ginger before the skill points ran out.

Titans Rising

Level 30 titans
Level 30 Titans

There are six titans at my disposal currently and all are two star; thanks to the recent Titan Event. When I first started on FB, the bulk of my titan stones came from an event that surfaced a week after signing up. This time, no events during signing up and the stones I got came from the tutorial, summoning spheres and dungeon runs when able.

Titan building is another area when gold is spent but it's mainly for evolving their star level. That said, once Titan Valley opens then there will be two locations for titans where gold is spent. There were some gold gifts along the way so that was a big help.

Dungeon runs help in earning titanite, titan stones and titan potions. Which means you have to fit in time to do as many runs as you can. Getting past the first ten battles earns you a chance at double rewards from there on out provided you didn't run those dungeons prior.

For example:
Let's say I completed rooms 31-55 (25 rooms total) on day one. On day two, my double rewards won't kick in till room 56 which is why many advise that dungeon runs end at check points. Meaning, if I ended my run at room 50, then my double rewards would've kicked in at room 51.

Would Likes

A gold mine feature would be nice if not very much welcomed. Forging and upgrades have you going through gold like Chabba at a buffet. Staying on top of levels and upgrades has helped but it's always a matter of time before the tank goes dry.

Try to stay on top of everything from day one of game play. You don't have to build up all but it would help to have everyone at the same level. Save earned emeralds as much as possible and try to buy gear from the shops when they come available.

It's not a one size fits all type of thing but it will help. Or at least give you a start at cultivating your own strategy.

Comments

Popular Posts