Well That Didn't Happen

Last Saturday I made mention of an arguable idea of starting Hero Wars over from the beginning without spending the minimum for raid. After careful consideration and an active realization I've decided against the idea.

Halloween Event 2019

5 Star, Violet +3 Ziri
Ziri: the hero in question.

At the start of the event, many players were ready to earn virtual candies to redeem for the Pumpkin Prize Draw. One of the tasks revolved around spending energy, by way of campaign runs, to earn candies after certain milestones are reached. For me, I was doing runs to earn gear for my heroes that I'm trying to get to Orange status for the Quests section (rolling in-game milestones with rewards).

Raid is just a click away while non-raid will likely last for a while; especially if you're making multiple runs at a single location. As a sort of active example, I have a hero that's Violet +3 who was 3 gear items away from Promo. Of the three, two were Cosmic Terrors.

Fortunately, I was already working on getting these items so the recipes were purchased in advance from the shops. Had I not done that, 100 pieces of Cosmic Terror Fragments would have been collected from campaigns; that's 50 pieces per recipe. In addition to the recipe, two World Tremors are needed.

If they're not bought out right, then I would need the following:

  • x2 Minotaur Heads (40 pcs total)
  • x2 Trines
    • x2 Minotaur Heads - 40 pcs
    • x2 Hands of Glory - 40 pcs
    • x2 Desert Blades - 40 pcs
  •  x2 World Tremor Recipes (40 pcs total)

X2 was stated because one of each is needed per WT. The bulk of my energy reserves were spent on assembling one Cosmic Terror minus the recipe. The Raid feature made it tolerable to an extent but I can just imagine what it would've been like without it.

Without Raid you're left with purchasing gear from the shops which will likely put a strain on resources as you're looking to collect hero soul stones as well. The only speedy way around going through campaigns to obtain gear fragments is through the Tower once you're at Level 40. Much like selecting the chests with gold, you have to follow which ever pattern is present to select the chest with the gear fragments; regardless if you need those fragments or not at that point in time.

Updated Progress

Top Heroes Web Version
Hero Wars Web Line-up.

In the Progress Report post from last week I mentioned how three of my FB characters were close to Absolute status. I knew they were close but wasn't expecting them to reach that goal so soon. Astrid and Lucas along with Nebula reached Absolute status during the event and Qing Mao will reach this milestone possibly by Monday.

For Web, a curve ball was thrown. Lian and K'arkh are still tied, Arachne is close to reaching Absolute and some how Andvari joined the battle. The pic from last week was recent at the time but I wasn't paying any attention to the soul stone count. So now it's Andvari and Arachne that will be next to upgrade.

As events go, I managed to obtain a totem for my web account via the Altar of Elements Quest. There was a bit of a flip with this event as more focus was on FB than web instead of attention being balanced. The live stream and daily event gifts of candies helped a great deal.

This Halloween Event has proven to be quite an adventure and I think this is the first of the two events I've been present for where I was actually excited with the Pumpkin Draw items. Gold, Purple Runes, Chaos Cores, Artifact Coins and Event Tokens were all guaranteed albeit random. I was happy with everything as I needed everything that was drawn out of the pumpkin.

I've been playing for a year and some months and come this December will be marking my 2 year anniversary with the game. It's been a rocky road over my time of playing, but it was a major learning experience.

*Sorry for the lack of imagery, but some technical difficulties are making things complex at the moment. Will try again soon. UPDATE: Pics added.

Comments

Popular Posts