The Restart Experiment: What I Learned

I thought I could, but things went down hill unusually fast. The game was restarted as planned, though the progress was a lot slower than I remembered. Three heroes are at blue and the rest green.

Gear is difficult to come by and the drop rates aren't any better. Facebook was the first platform that was played on where basically no cashing took place for some months. It was going to stay that way till I got to the point where my gear required more and more fragments.

Heroes: An Observation

At current, there are 48 heroes in game. When I first started there were 38 and Ziri was added a short while later. During my first run, there was some rushing though I did take the time to build up characters as much as possible.

Synergy was something that surfaced a lot during my game research, and it was something that I ignored a great deal. Reason being was the fact that it involved getting a set of heroes I didn't have at that point in time and playing catch-up. Plus there are recommendations of having said heroes as they are better than others.

Hero Roster
Hero Wars Web: Hero Roster

The Lost Art of Synergy has yet to be grasped, while hero favoritism continues to rise. Hearty tanks are difficult to come by and many recommend Ishmael. Galahad was at my disposal so he became my focus for tank building.

He is the only hero that has everything capped with the exception of skins for his level. No matter the match, he is always the last one standing. There were, of course, other heroes that were worth having but they were obtained late in game.

While on this route, I discovered my progress was quite slow and matches weren't turning out as expected. I wanted to start over but wasn't sure how to go about it till I learned about Hero Wars Web. After a live stream that gave ample prizes, I headed over and started playing.

My one year web anniversary (February 18, 2020) has passed, yet my achievements surfaced faster when compared to FB. I had ONE hero at Absolute Star on FB by my first year anniversary, while on web I got FOUR heroes at Absolute Star within the same time frame. For both accounts, I got the minimum VIP 1 so I could raid campaigns.

With the third attempt, I tried playing through without VIP to see how far I could get. While progress was made, it got a bit tedious when the items you really needed didn't drop and weren't attainable in the shops. Tried to push through but it didn't pan out as expected.

The key take away, mainly from the second restart, was that some of the so-called useless heroes are actually quite functional. Based on some comments, Lian and DareDevil were tagged as such but I continued to use them due to their effectiveness in Outlands. There were two events that gave both a boost with DareDevil's being the most noticeable.

Though it would be nice if we could choose which skills to use in battle as opposed to the auto select; this is especially true with Lian.

Titans: Plan Ahead

Titans Hero Wars
Hero Wars FB: Titan Roster

Titans are another story all together. I've made around the same progress with the exception that I got a super titan early while playing on web. One of the key things that was noted during replay was that you have to plan things accordingly.

Like heroes there are defense, support and marksman titans. Having at least one from each group (DEF, SUP, MRK) built up works wonders. Also try to keep them around the same level when you get a hold of Titan Positions.

My patience level is terrible, however, it does help to save items. Case in point, saving Summoning and Artifact Spheres helps as there are times when certain events call for their use. Speaking of events, for the ones that reward titan soul stone chests, try to collect a single titan soul stone rather than several different ones.

Doesn't sound like much but the faster you get a titan to Absolute, the quicker you'll have access to the Titan Merchant. If you're in the early stages of gameplay, collect titan soul stones from the events even if you have no use for them at that point in time. During the second restart, I learned that titan leveling halts at certain points.

The highest I was able to go was Level 12 for the titans I had at my disposal.

Pets (NEW)

Pets Fenris Oliver Albus Merlin Mara Cain
Hero Wars FB: Pets

Pets are a new addition to the game with progress on web and FB being about the same; sort of. My FB pets are a little further along. I learned that by following the Quests tasks, upgrading is more orderly and the rewards are nice as well.

All pets have their perks but the upgrades to Adventures has made gear collection a little difficult. While Auto mode has its perks, for some pets manual mode is essential. Albus tops the list as he deals more damage when everyone attacks at the same time thus giving his dragon breath a bigger kick.

Even though she's not built up yet, Mara is used as well especially since they fixed her attacks; she wasn't attacking earlier but got fixed after update. All pets are used just about equally. I never got access to Pets during restart because my level was too low.

A major note that was taken, was that it helps to do pet summons 10 at a time. The pet soul stone chests were helpful during the introductory and winter events. In addition to this, it helps to have an active guild to help with higher level adventures.

Participate In Events

This is a repeat but... Participate In Events! Focus on the tasks that are within reach and ignore the ones that aren't. There's an anniversary event taking place now that is giving away wonderful rewards on a daily basis.

There was a titan event not too long ago where I was able to max out another titan. Got some much needed gold in the aftermath plus they gave away two Boxy Gifts that were loaded with some much needed items. These last few weeks were memorable, if not enjoyable at times.

To recap, here's what I learned (somewhat late):

  • Focus on your main 5 hero group before moving on to secondary
  • For soul stone chests, focus on a single hero/titan/pet
  • Make an attempt at synergy
  • Make an attempt at doing Arena, Outlands, Airship and Tower Daily
  • Make the most of every event, regardless of current need

Won't sound like much to the seasoned players, but it is a start for those who are looking for a starting point toward improving their own teams. We have one post to go for Hero Wars Month! So, see you next week Saturday.

Comments

Popular Posts