Nexters Global Games: Catch Up and Review

Nexters Global is a game development company that was pretty much unknown to me for some time. The first product that I was introduced to was through a GPT site that was advertising a game of theirs. While the game seemed interesting I took a pass and continued on till I encountered another opportunity through another game that I played.

Island Experiment

Island Experiment Game
My Island at the moment.
It was mid-Fall 2017 when I was playing Fashland. At the time, they had options to earn special currency through completed offers from third-party affiliates. Well, I needed something for my avatar and that something cost diamonds.

After browsing the offers page, I came across a familiar looking name: Island Experiment. This game was seen repeatedly on the GPT site, but this time it was for the Facebook platform. Though hesitant, I took the leap to complete the objective to earn some much needed diamonds.

That's usually the end of things, but the game itself was rather engaging. After the tutorial and introductions you are left to play at your leisure. Well, mostly at your leisure as there were timed tasks that rewarded some much needed resources.

Things took off rather smoothly despite leveling at the time was slow. At the time, I didn't realize how good of a thing this was. As my level went up, I got access to new missions and tasks all of which called for island resources.

These island resources called upon energy and helpers to complete. Helpers were limited and energy went fast; especially when all hands are on deck. I was on a roll for a while but at the time, my computer started experiencing intermittent issues.

From Early Spring 2018 to Late Spring 2020, the game had gone untouched. It's currently late Spring and I got curious about the game. Signed in and saw that some progress was made during last check in.

Completely forgot that I got access to more land and that most of the cleared land was occupied by structures that I built. So collection of coins, XP and food commenced; I had a garden planted because at the time I was working double time with clearing and building. Just getting back into the swing of things and am currently upgrading one of the houses.

Hero Wars

Hero Wars Galahad Champion Skin
Absolute Galahad in Champion Skin (I don't own this
skin yet but hope to some day).
From Island Experiment to Hero Wars in no time at all. It sounds funny but it's based on fact. While playing Island Experiment I was engaged in a seasonal quest where I needed diamonds to get extra energy. Like Fashland, there were offers that rewarded said currency after completing requirements.

After some browsing, I came across the Hero Wars option. Did some research to see what the game was about before proceeding with diving in to claim the needed currency. Much to my delight, it reminded me of the game I use to play before the mega merge of servers.

To correct past information, my first gaming session began November 21, 2017 and not early December 2017; couldn't remember and didn't know the start date was in the Avatar window. Of the three Nexters Games, Hero Wars was played the longest. From 2017 to present, the developers have hosted a series of engaging in-game and community events.

One of the things I enjoy most is that there's more than one way to earn special currency; AKA Emeralds. One of the things I enjoy least is the layout of Guild Battles.

Throne Rush

Throne Rush Town
Arrangement at current; still organizing.
On April 25 I made a post about Throne Rush where I documented my day to day accounts in game. Unlike the previous two, this game was discovered on the developers website. My official start was on April 18 and from then to now, progress has been steady.

I've managed to upgrade all of my walls in addition to obtaining new pieces to expand defense. My castle, tavern, mines, windmills, headquarters, barracks, forge, treasury, cannon, towers, barns and builder's house were upgraded; the builder's house got upgraded thanks to a decent sale. Despite the progress, upgrades will have to wait a while till I'm able to fill the coffers (barn and treasury) to their max.

The learning curve is both exciting and nerve-racking at the same time. It's exciting when you discover your hard work is paying off and nerve-racking when you see that you've got a long ways to go before making decent progress. A big difference from last time is that now when my town comes under attack, I'm at least able to achieve Victory every few rounds.

The Roundup

Island Experiment was played extensively before a break was taken. Now I'm back to revisiting the island and seeing what's new. Hero Wars is played constantly as you can tell from past blog posts.

Throne Rush is the newcomer to the group where I'm still learning the ropes. From what I've seen, there are free gifts daily on each games' home page if you play on Facebook. There are also dedicated players that are always up for helping new players navigate the scene to make the most of their gaming experience.

All three games are enjoyable in their own right and each offers something unique that will keep players engaged for moments at a time. The games may seem stressful at times, but try to make the most of each gaming session.

Comments

Popular Posts