The Return To King Games

Over the last several weeks, I found myself revisiting games that occupied much of my time during breaks from work and school. These games were developed by King Games and have been played on both mobile and online via Facebook. Here are the games that I've dove into.

Candy Crush

King Games Candy Crush Saga
This is the first saga of the Candy Crush series. Haven't played the game in a while and was looking for something to pass the time while waiting for construction to finish in Throne Rush. After the game loaded, I started playing where I left off which was around level 83.

It's just as addicting as I remembered; though, it took a while to get re-acquainted with the controls. After that, it was smooth sailing. While playing, some interesting game additions were discovered.

There are Mastery Crowns that can be earned from completing a stage on the first try. I went from a gold crown to this Silver 3D crown. These crowns earn you bonuses while you play.

In addition to the crowns, there's a bonus called Sugar Stars. If you haven't played in a while, Sugar Stars are a milestone feature where if you earn points that go past the standard 3-star mark, then you'll earn points toward the Sugar Star achievement. It sounds weird, but it's the best explanation I could think of.

Mastery, Sugar Stars and what else? Oh! Boosts inventory. It took a while to figure it out, but apparently during my last gaming session I had accumulated a wealth of boosts that went unused.

How this got by me is a mystery to this day. Not just that, but realized days later how to activate and use them. Needless to say these past few weeks have been an interesting experience.

Bubble Witch 3

King Games Bubble Witch 3
While playing Candy Crush, Bubble Witch 3 showed up in the quick links banner above the game. I clicked to see where I was during last game session. Like CC, I was at 83.

Also like CC, new additions were introduced where you earned bonus goodies along with mastery points for completing levels on the first try. I played for an hour on the first day and still found it as addicting as it was when it was first introduced via a "I need a life (game energy)" help message from my sister. One of the things I like if not love about the format is the tall screen.

You can see further up the ball chain than in the previous landscape orientation. Not only that, but there is a guideline to help you aim better. Still challenging as before as you have to plan your moves accordingly.

Fortunately, one of the new additions is the bonus of getting extra bubbles. Played for several days then it happened; the arrival of the star cats. I was dreading it, because the last I saw the star cats was on my phone and when I attempted to wake one the game would close out on my phone.

This time around, while playing on FB, this didn't occur. Got my star cat revived and they have been a big help for the levels up to current. Once activated for the day, you have 30-minutes to make good use of your revived star cat's bonus before he's due for a nap.

Blossom Blast Saga

King Games Blossom Blast Saga
Started playing on the same day as Bubble Witch 3. This one had a bigger re-learning curve as I couldn't remember how exactly the stage would be completed. After catching up, I got into the bloom of things.

It took three attempts to get past the level I left off on during last session which is the highest of the previous three: 123. This was played a lot on my phone way back when and enjoyed seeing all the colorful flowers just bloom one after the other. A pleasant surprise was waiting for me that I didn't take note of right a way.

Left over from my last session was gold bars. These of course came in handy especially when it came to those difficult stages where you had to complete the task at hand. Quite recurrent is the bloom the big blooms tasks which is easier said than done when you factor in path blocking bees; that's bumble bee to clear up any confusion.

Don't get me wrong, the bees are helpful, but there are times when they land on the wrong flower which is the one you need to complete a path for ultimate bloom blast. I'm currently on Level 182 and it's proven quite a challenge. Been at for a few days and I'm always running out moves before I can get somewhere good; even more so with lives.

Alpha Betty

King Games Alpha Betty
This is the newest game in the lot. By new, I mean just starting to play. I've seen the game on and off in the recommendations, but never ventured into the game itself.

I was curious to see what it was about especially since it was a word game. Like all King Games, there are tutorials at the start to ensure you understand the game mechanics. After that, you're left to play at your leisure.

One of the key things noted about this game is that none of my other FB friends play. That was a shock to me especially with how engaging the levels are. Alpha Betty is a relatively new addition to my games collection so I'm still in the early stages of gameplay. It's worth a play through.

The Round Up

King Games has yet to disappoint when it comes to their games. My first ever games from this company was the classic Candy Crush and the first Bubble Witch installment. It was nice revisiting the classics along with some never played before installments.

Candy Crush is still a sugar filled treat. Blossom Blast is still challenging, yet fun to play. Bubble Witch 3 is just as engaging as it ever was with lots of wonderful bonuses and treats.

Though new to the lineup, Alpha Betty is proving itself a noble contender. These last several weeks were filled with wonderful games that bring the fun while also challenging your planning as well as thinking skills. They will continue to fill my break times and hope you find them as enjoyable as I have.
My homestead before the hiatus and update.

Comments

Popular Posts