PopReach Games: An Update

From Playdom to RockYou to PopReach.You've been introduced to City Girl in the past along with Kitchen Scramble and Bakery Blitz. I was already playing City Girl on and off but the others weren't touched in a while so I'm going to share some observations.

City Girl Life

Walls Down - Main Home which is larger than second.
I've been playing since they were Disney City Girl and under Playdom. At the start, things went smoothly and there was a nice travel mission where we went to Venice. It was my favorite of the missions as we got to travel, explore and earn new items.

I wrote about CGL back in 2015 but it didn't get much coverage till the G4G Fashion Week of which the goal was to do a whole week; however, the time was reduced as a result of missing games. The fashion week expose was fun but there are things I miss and wish were part of CGL at current.

In a past post, there was mention of how the career slots for promotions don't auto fill after a certain amount of time. I would love to see this implemented at some point but doubt it will be anytime soon. Next, the bi-weekly crafting missions aren't what they use to be.

Before you could earn much need crafting materials by doing random actions in-game. Presently, you have to ask neighbors for these items. It's okay, to an extent, if it was a single item but a lot of the crafts call for multiples on top of taking a long time to make.

Walls Up - Main Home
There are new fashions that make appearances which is great. However, majority of the new fashions cost gold. Same goes for apartment furnishings which can be a pain especially when you want to be spot on for the community challenges.

The game itself is still fun to play though you will have to make the most of everything as some resources are limited. On another note, do visit the game's fan page as often as possible because there are times when gift links are posted for players in addition to the aforementioned community contests.

Kitchen Scramble

Where I left off last.
It's been a while since I last played but remembered the fun that came with it. All of my neighbors were attentive and responsive when it came to exchanging gifts. During a recent check-in I discovered that there was a cache of groceries that were unused; much to my delight.

Of course that's where the delightfulness ends. There were ads present in game that I don't recall seeing the last time on top of new additions that took some getting use to. One of the biggest wrench in the gears was re-learning how to prepare each dish.

Re-learning wasn't an issue per se but the speedily impatient customers were. Even when I was in full swing pre-making all dishes for the levels it seemed they weren't 100% happy. Of course this obstacle was rectified with the coffee machine; however, there was an add element with the dishes that was new to me: the seasoning mill.

The seasoning mill is located in the kitchen between two of the cook stations. That said, you will have to pay close attention to the customers as they often times request their order with the seasoning mill. Did I mention the in-game popup windows?

Well, when I signed back on to try to play again a series of windows surfaced advertising these different bundles and features of which I don't have enough game funds for. I remember when playing the game with my mouse was achievable; before this I had to use the touch pad. Even with a cushion under my wrist it was a challenge.

You'll probably benefit by playing with a touch screen but this method may not work for everyone. That said, it was interesting to cook again though I may play this sparingly. Still fun to play with an engaging community.

The Other Games

In the past Bakery Blitz, Gardens of Time and Words of Wonder were played. Years have passed since they were touched but did notice how a good bit of the games are being moved to Facebook's Game Room. It was confusing at first till I remembered that a lot of the games are in Flash format and the Game Room feature makes the games more playable; or at least that's how I understood it not sure if it's completely accurate.

City Girl Life and Kitchen Scramble are both played outside of Game Room with little issue. A lot has changed over the years with these games though their core gameplay features are still intact. They're still fun to play though you will have to make the most of each session and enjoy what you have at your disposal.

Comments

Popular Posts