Gaming Recap: From 2019 to 2022

It was April 29, 2019 when I published Lazy Naming Conventions, which was a recollection of all the games that were reviewed from 2014 to early 2019. An interesting post to say the least especially with the explanation of how I came up with the blog’s name.

Back then, there were a lot of posts to go through and summarize. This time around, I’ll recap some posts that were published from August 2019 to present.

August to December 2019

Fashland store featuring clothing and accessory displays, vintage decor and tiered flooring.
My store after coming back from break.
August and October 2019

August was an interesting month as I only discussed a handful of games; the majority of which were mobile apps. This is around the time Hero Wars started to take over as my main go-to for games. A highlight for the month was discussing Bushido Blade as it was one of my top top games for the PlayStation console back in the day.

Nothing was published in September, but I did publish two posts in October. One was about my revisit to Fashland and the other was about my progress in Hero Wars. The Fashland post was filled with nostalgia as it contained memories of how the game was prior to its discontinuation.

November and December 2019

November was a month of revisits and game updates. Marketland was revisited during this time and I took the opportunity to reorganize my store. There were bittersweet updates for City Girl Life and Hero Wars which resulted in some griping.

Prior to this post, CGL got an update involving a new living space. In the follow-up, it was learned that the new space was costly and only a select few players could access it. As for Hero Wars, this was the time pets and adventure mode were introduced.

I did some complaining here as the new mode took over my screen while I was trying to get to the Guild War area. After this was an update for FarmVille: Tropic Escape. There wasn’t much to share outside of a work-around for a recurring problem that many players were experiencing.

The final post of the year was about my second year playing HW. It was a timeline-like post that broke down, more or less, my progress over time.

January to December 2020

Intelly Works Wonderland Epic gameplay screen featuring red queen and colorful blocks.
Wonderland Epic - 2020
January was mostly recaps and updates for the games HW, Tropic Escape, Fashland and CGL. February had a post that focused on the game Mirage Classic Online which is classified as a MMO. After that was a post about an old game journal that was found while cleaning.

March essentially became Hero Wars month as this is when the anniversary event takes place. This is when I was trying to stick to a once a week posting schedule. Each week was dedicated to something related to HW.

The main noteworthy post from April is the 7-day review for the game Throne Rush. It was an interesting game to play; however, it wasn’t the type that you could play for hours at a time. Moreover, the difficulty level of the fights were steep which means you have to upgrade your troops constantly.

May is the first month where posting was consistent (I’m not counting March because I was focusing on one game). I was basically reviewing publishers of social games along with some of their game titles. These publishers included King Games, Gamegos, Nexters Global, Intelly Works and PopReach.

June was a simple month. Outside of the typical update post, was a review for the game June’s Journey. It was my first hidden object game that was both fun and engaging.

On the flip side, it was also one of those games where playing since day one has its perks. Being caught up with the story at the moment is one of the perks that many long time players enjoy.

July and August were progress reports for games that were played at the time. From October to November, I reviewed a couple of mobile games. December saw a review for the game rewards site FreeSkins dot com (rebranded to FreeCash) along with two blogging history posts.

One was a documentary on my Throwback posts that focused on games from back in the day that were played by me during down time. The games showcased were from the Super NES, PlayStation, PC and PlayStation 2. The final post of the year discussed my transition from one gaming medium to another over the years.

January to December 2021

Hero Wars' web account hero screen featuring Andvari, Qing Mao, Lian, Daredevil, Yasmine, Galahad, Arachne and Celeste at Orange and Violet levels.
Web account main team
2021 saw a major decrease in posts getting published. January hosted three posts that were reviews for two games and one reward site. February featured reviews for a couple of classic PlayStation titles.

The February posts were essentially an attempt to get the blog going again, but I missed the mark. March was the same song and dance as the year prior; i.e. Hero Wars anniversary month. The last two posts of the year were recaps of games played along with my progress in the ones that were active.

It was at this point that I decided to change the posting schedule. The every week goal was missed on multiple occasions and the decision was made to cut back on posting.

January to December 2022

The change was made to post once a month and it did wonders. Things were rocky for the first five months, but posts were still published. The third post of the year, a combination of April and May notes, was when focus shifted to documenting my progress in Hero Wars.

This change remained all the way to December. I had some fun with the December post as I discussed my excitement for Winter Fest coming early along with my ability to give guildmates more than one type of gift during the event.

Plans for 2023

I hope to continue with the current posting schedule. There haven’t been any games on the horizon that’ve peaked my interest lately. Still, my focus will be on my Hero Wars progress even though it’s slower than molasses at the moment.

As another change, I've added navigation at the bottom of each post starting with January 2022 to present. This was done to make navigating simpler especially since the post count is small.

< Prev 2022   Next >

Comments

Popular Posts